Monday, January 17, 2011

My body rocks a rhythm.

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! I'm going to start this post with a famous quote by Dr. King: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Remember these words my friends, they not only apply to social justice and politics, they can apply to your own personal lives as well.

I spent my sunday (yesterday) going for that 6 miler that I told you a
bout, but what I didn't mention is that because the sidewalks in southie aren't in tip top shape at the moment, I really worked my quads and calves because it was slush and uneven pavement; kind of like running in the sand. I also did some smart eating in the morning, because I knew I was going to a housewarming/Patriots Party at Chris and Melissa's new place. Let's discuss the highlights!

First off, I walked in, grabbed a bunch of cheese because I was going to eat my own arm, and then was handed a potent margarita as made by Chris. The margarita was done on the healthy but deadly side, as Chris didn't use sour mix and instead just went with lime juice and a little bit of oj mixed with about 3 shots too many of silver tequila. I swear after one, I could have been done, but instead I had two. Oops.



Ok, so you might be wondering why I'm even adding this post. Well, its because about my life and the ups, downs, and in betweens of training. This was an in between. Definitely a fun fun night, but definitely a setback in terms of taking care of my body. But, you know what?! That's ok. Because I know that if I start to become obsessed (as mentioned in my previous post) with how much I consume, then I start restricting and then binging, and I ain't gonna go in that direction again. Instead, I made smart choices to start my morning, and then enjoyed myself with some drinks, cheese, chicken wings, and italian meatballs. Its a-ok because we had a lot of fun, even if the Pats blew it in their attempt to make it to the Superbowl. I didn't even really follow the season this year because I was dating someone not that into football. Man, I really missed it, and this is the game that I got to see? Pffft. Anyway, to give you an idea of how much fun, here are some pictures of us at the end of the night, which was sadly only about 8:00 pm (but awesomely awesome because I got a sweet amount of sleep). Also, at this point, I had been coddled by everyone in the room because I was feeling headachey, and then turned into a donkey clown, as is my claim to fame. Surprise, surprise.


Yup, a sunday well spent. Today I woke up feeling jazzy, drank some water, had my absolute favorite omelet combo job, talked to my mom and olivia for a little bit, and then headed to my 1 o'clock 12 round class at The Ring. Instead of working on our technique, we started with jumproping (I am the worst at jumproping) and then hit the bags for a half hour. The class was then split up into two groups to work on conditioning. I don't even know the names of any of the activities we did but just imagine a lot of jumping, abs, pushups, medicine balls, and torture. I certainly paid for the fun I had on sunday, and I'm ok with it. I came home and had my arugula ravioli from, where else, Trader Joes, combined with spinach and an Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausage. Yum yum yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...