Thursday, April 21, 2011

I made food!

As you know, I've been changing my eating habits in order to incorporate a healthier and happier lifestyle.  Because its school vacation week, I've had the luxury of sleeping, eating, and running at my leisure.  With all this time, I've come up with some really stellar recipes to share with the cooking challenged, such as myself.  I call this first recipe: "I'm out of a lot of ingredients eggs"

Here is what it does require: Multigrain bread- 2 slices
                                              2 servings of egg beaters or however much you think is enough
                                              A splash of milk- I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk
                                              A sprinkling of cheese- I used my dijon ale soft chedder cheese
                                              A smidge of ground pepper 
                                              Optional- A boatload of chia seeds


Don't let the chia seeds fool you.  The meal was pretty "kick donkey" in censored terms.  I also paired my breakfast with my bottle of Ethos water ala Starbucks from when I went to the Marathon.


Next we have: "Lauren just learned that pasta tastes awesome and can be good for you"
The ingredients:
1 serving of pesto tortellini (I bought premade. You can make your own, fancypants out there)
1 apple chicken sausage cut up
2 handfuls of spinach
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 serving of honey goat cheese
=
AWESOME!
Heat up the tortellini, i.e. boil it
cut up the chicken sausage and put it in a pan with the spinach.  Cook for a bit.
Add the olive oil
Put it all together in one bowl
Add goat cheese and stir until melted.
EAT!


 And last but not least we have Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins.  The best thing ever.
I left them off of my original grocery shopping list but went back to the store this morning after I cried all night about not having my puffins!




Oh man.  I couldn't help myself.  I opened the box at a stoplight.  Oh well, I justify it by the fact that I was on my way to the gym to do five miles of speedwork.  5, 1 mile repeats at 7:45 min/mile pace with 1 minute rest breaks in between.  I was a sweaty mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...