Saturday, May 21, 2011

I am a bad blogger

Ok, we all know why I started the blog, and I am determined to continue this party train until the marathon: which is only 2 weeks away!!!!  AHHHHH.

Although I have enjoyed blogging and reading about fitness and marathon training, I don't see myself living in the blogging world full time.  I set this account up to hold myself accountable to the race, and to focus on some difficult issues I was struggling with at the time.

I've come out of it feeling 100 percent better and proud of myself.  I know I'll finish the marathon; whether or not I'm dragging myself across or sprinting without a scratch, I know I'll get it done.  I think the most important part of training has been the commitment I have put in to prove to myself that I had the strength and dedication to follow through.  I was also able to achieve my goal minimums through Team in Training, and made the experience even more worthwhile.  I am also proud of myself because I needed a mental health break this past winter/beginning of spring, and I was able to give myself that time to heal and become stronger...just like a muscle.  You break it down and then take a rest, only to build it up.

Things are good.  They are really good. My number one job is having fun (besides being a school psychologist) so I have somehow successfully managed to work, train, and socialize, with only feeling slightly tired.  Well, that tiredness caught up with me a bit this week, but I still was able to taper down and get 24 miles in.  Let's do a bit of a recap of christmas's (or just last week) pasts...as well as what tomorrow brings...

(Please note, all these photos were taken with my IPHONE!  as my birthday is next week; thus ending my champagne year of life.)

So. First thing first, obviously, as mentioned above....I got an Iphone1

Here is a photo shoot of me at work, with my Iphone.  


Then I ventured off to the red sox game....


















This was the most uncrowded I've ever seen Fenway, but that was thanks to the week long rainfest ala Noah's Ark.  We still won at the bottom of the 9th!

Friday, I went to a co-workers fundraiser last night, although there is only one picture documenting that I was actually there.

Today was a long run of 8 miles around the Charles.  I was dehydrated.  It did not go as planned, although there was a free concert going on at the Hatchshell (a stage along the Charles River) so I got to walk through and spectate that for a bit.  I also took some stellar pics with my dual purpose iphone/camera/ipod.



























Tomorrow I'm running the Harpoon Brewery 5 miler around Southie.  I can't wait!  Because of this, I have decided to lay low for the evening.  I have also decided to lay semi low for the next two weeks (with the exception of my birthday next friday!!) 

I can't believe that I have accomplished so much this year, such as a half marathon, traveling to italy, and also training for and running in a marathon a week after my birthday!   Its been one of the most inspiring, frustrating, amazing years of my life.  I am an accomplished woman. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...