Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Snow Day Recipe!

Hooray!  One of my favorite days of the year! The first snow day!  The best part of this Nor'easter is that it comes on the heels of our school holiday vacation. To be honest, I'm a little worried about heading back to school because I have been getting so much sleep, its criminal. Thanks to all the hustle and bustle of my regular life, I typically get about 6-7 hours of sleep during the work week. School vacation? I've been averaging about 10. Yes, you read that right TEN hours of sleep. I've never felt better.


(The snow accumulation thus far in our windowsill.)

Today I have two big goals: 1. continue reading "Daring Greatly" and 2. to go to the gym, as it is only a mile away from our apartment. I'm still in so much pain and can barely walk from something I did while exercising the other day. My calves struggle to stretch out, hurt when I flex them, and as a result, I've been shuffling around the apartment in compression sleeves! If the pain doesn't subside by this afternoon, the only workout I'll be completing is a pool workout. I haven't experienced muscle soreness like this in all of my half/marathon training and I think it was from a 25 minute spin bike workout!

Anyway, let's get back to the food, shall we? Weight Watchers strikes again with one of my favorite recipes from their app. Introduce yourself to the Baked Pasta with Butternut Squash and Ricotta. Its delicious and so easy to make!






Adding ground chicken or beef will also increase the taste and protein in the meal (although remember to add about 2-4 more points dependent upon your serving size.). 

Enjoy!

I've also signed up for Bloglovin and you can follow me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...