Wednesday, January 26, 2011

'Cause we're young. Fell in from the stars.

Dear Ladies and gentlemen,

Let me tell you about Monday, even though its Wednesday, because this post is all about organic and green living.  So, like, on Monday, I tooottally had like, the best. night. ever!  Well, I really did have a good night, even though I skipped both the gym and soccer! I decided that going grocery shopping was more important than the gym, so after my tutoring club, I hiked my way up to the Cambridge Alewife Trader Joes!!!  I spent the giftcard that my Aunt and Uncle gave me for Christmas, and went to town!  I bought so much good stuff (and with that good stuff, made a pesto tortellini with grilled spinach, mushrooms, and onions... seasoned with thyme, all while tossing in a chicken sausage for good measure.  Mmm mmm mmm)!  After buying the entire store, I put the groceries in my trunk for safe keeping, because I knew it would be 20 below that night, picked up Sara, and headed to JIMOTHY's condo in Davis Square!



Its an incregibly beautiful unit.  I mean, check out the Davis Square Lofts, as they are heated through some kind of green fanciness underneath the floor (yep the unit is heated through the floor) and the toilets are filled with recycled rain water.  GET OUT OF HERE.  Ok, so here are the pics...



Look how fancy I was with that shot!  Jim first put out cheese and crackers, then we moved onto dinner that included a turkey burger and a beautiful salad with apple, craisins, and feta cheese.  I topped my burger with a concoction of ketchup, mustard, hot peppers, pickles, and frank's red hot.  Good idea?  Yes, because even though my mouth was on fire, it tasted delicious.


Then we moved into the bedroom (OH stop it.  Get your mind out of the gutter), where Sara and I hung from the metal poles that housed Jim's kayak.  We did a photo shoot.  We had a great time.




Sara then put on Jimothy's scarf that he made, but was too long, so he turned it into a wall hanging.  After a few minutes of laughter and sunshine, we dined on homemade cupcakes with homemade frosting (I cut mine in half to save myself some pain later).


Look at the craftsmanship in both my photo and in the dessert.  What a great night! Green living and mostly organic products, because Jimothy is totally a nature nut.  Just how I like 'em.

This weekend I will be heading down to Tom and Erica's for dinner on Saturday, after a good run and my Team in Training meeting.  I have decided on skipping Killington on Sunday to save some money for Italy, and will instead either snowshoe or cross country ski with my Bolivia (I got snowshoes for christmas and liv's mom owns cross country skis).  Here is a great website I found that shows you trails to snowshoe in New England.  HOT DOG!

Tonight, I'm aiming for a yoga sesh at South Boston Yoga. Happy wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...