Friday, January 28, 2011

Fear


The litany against fear is an incantation used to focus one's mind and calm oneself in times of peril. The litany is as follows:
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Remember this in all of your training highs, lows, and inbetweens.  I repeat "fear is the mind killer" to myself when I'm feeling especially frustrated or when lacking confidence.

As for my weekend....I plan on doing a four-miler at the gym with some weights today. TOMORROW I'm hitting up the Team in Training meeting...I can't wait to blog about it!  I then plan on doing the southie five-6 miler, unless the conditions (aka sidewalks) are crummy.  Then Killington in VT to try out skiing on sunday!  Bringing my board just in case!  Add in a splash of fun on friday night (trying to limit the alcohol intake for training!) and a dinner with friends on saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...