Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just one of them days, that a girl goes through

...when I'm angry insideee, don't want to take it out on you.

The title of my post was first sung by Monica, singer extraordinaire, ala the 90's, but was perfected by me after the day I just had.  So, as a woman, or a man who's known a woman, you know that there are just some days that are really awful.  Today was just stressful, and its for a really really great reason...

I'M GOING TO ITALY IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!!

I bet you can't wait!  I promise to take lots of photos of the action, scenery, and most importantly the MEN...I mean...food.

I will be traveling to the Almafi coast and visiting the cities of Sorrento and Rome.  Within that time, I will be seeing Pompeii, the Vatican, and a lemon/mozzarella farm as highlights!

So, until then, I'm running a mile a minute trying to get all of the work I have due during the worst time in a school psychologist's life: the months of february and march!  Welcome to an increase in testing caseload all while trying to train for a marathon.

Needless to say, its a lot to take on at the same time. But here I am (Here I am, Kaskade remix. Excellent song.) working my butt off for the next several weeks, trying to finish my reports.  My day typically starts at 5:30, getting to work at 7:20, leaving work around 6 and then getting myself to do the training for the day.  Today I was told to complete an hour of crosstraining.  I decided to hit up a Spin class that lasted about on hour.  My quads are definitely starting to scream, so I might start rolling away on my foam roller.  In addition, you burn about 450 calories in 45 minutes, give or take your intensity and weight!  After sweating off all my makeup, I got home right around 8 and decided that after the day of stupid eating (I had two cookies) that I would just have a bowl of granola and vanilla almond milk.  Blah blah blah, bad eating day.  But it's just one of them days.

I also want to give a shout out to Carrots n' Cake, a blog based out of Boston, in which the writer has become quite popular with health magazines due to her eating and exercise philosophy.  Not to mention the fact that she takes incredibly interesting photos and is a blog that I aspire to be. Man, wouldn't it be great if my photos and stories started making people actually want to get fit and be happy?  What am I talking about, mine already does that, haha. Maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Holy frick, I can't believe we get to see that picture in person soon. PUH!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...