Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In an octopus' garden in the shadeeee

I ate, not only raw, but still alive octopus this evening.  I would have given anything to have photographed the meal I just indulged in at Samurai Sushi on Boylston Street in Boston.  Thank you restaurant week for making that experience possible.  My meal consisted of Tako Capaccio Thinly Sliced Raw Octopus, Fotumaki, and a mix of tiramisu and Mochi Ice Cream.  Seriously the LIVE octopus was the highlight.  My date, however, was not.  Yay for lauren and her life! 
Oh yar, and as for my run this evening, I did a little more speed training.  Because of the amount of rain that was falling down from the Heavens, I decided to take my run indoors at the gym.  I ran at a speed of 6.7 (8:57 min mile pace) for a warm up mile, then ran at a pace of 7.5 (8:00 min mile pace) for half a mile x2, with a cool down of 7.0 (8:34 min mile pace) x2 in between.  Lastly, I ran a cool down mile at a 6.7 mile pace with a total distance of 4 miles.  I took to the weight room to do some bicep curls and hamstring curls but because I was sick, I called it quits early. 

3 comments:

  1. I think octopus is high in iodine ... so you should be good against radiation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No No No, give me steak, and drag it over the coals first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you ate raw octopus. Gag.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...