Sunday, April 17, 2011

Green Monster (and not of the red sox variety!)

Ok, where have I been living?  I just discovered a smoothie called the Green Monster.  It's literally four ingredients and tastes like heaven (although I added chia seeds for a kick).  You could potentially make the smoothie with a different variety of fruit if you wanted, but here is what was on call for today. 

10 chunks of frozen mango
1 whole banana
2 handfuls of spinach
1 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk
chia seeds

Some people add protein powder, but girl, I ain't got none at the moment.  

Here now, is a ridiculous amount of photos showing you how to make the easiest recipe in the history of mankind.
And. I kid you not.  It tastes awesome.  Go mom go didn't believe me, but that's because she's not a believer.








And now, onto a photo montage of me and my green smoothie.



Delicioso! Good for recovery runs but also happened to be my lunch for today!
Now I'm off to the Hynes Convention Center for the Boston Marathon Expo!  Not that I'm running but seeing as how I live in Boston, where the expo is, I better get my butt in gear!

Listen, I already ran my 5 miles AND cleaned my entire room.  Although I didn't really finish cleaning my roomwhatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...