Saturday, April 9, 2011

I ♥ running.

So this week, d00ds.  Let me tell you. It was bizayyy.  Well, Monday was rainy, and then Tuesday was rainy.  Instead of getting to do a track workout with my coaches, Becca told me what I should do on the treadmill instead.  And that, my friends, I did.

Tuesday I ran 4x1600 at 7.5 mpg aka 8 min miles.  In between each mile, I ran 4x400 at 6 mph or 10 minute miles for recovery.  I then ran 4x800 at 7.5 then a 4x800 at 6 mph.  I think I could have taken each mile much faster, but for my first time doing a longer speedwork day, I didn't want to push it.  That's what next week is for.  In the end, the entire workout lasted 5 miles.

Wednesday I got a speeding ticket after a long day of work...and then cried all night.  Not because of the speeding ticket, but it was the straw that broke the camel's stressed out back.  FYI the trooper that flagged me over estimated that I was speeding; no speed gun was involved.  I will definitely be pleading not guilty. Thanks and no thanks.

Thursday I had a long day of work, again, but because it was a nice day I decided that I needed to run.  Run I did and banged out 5 miles in about 41 minutes.  I then hit up Papagayo with Sara for a late dinner around 8:30, because I didn't have to go to bed at my usual time because Friday I had a conference.   Papagayo was pretty awesome.  I didn't have anything to drink, and because I have been trying to be thoughtful of how much money I spend...I only had the guacamole and chips for an appetizer, and black bean soup for the entree.  The guacamole was AMAZING, and really filling for two people.  They also make the guac at your table and season it according to your tastes!



Friday I attended my Massachusetts School Psychologist Association (MSPA) biannual conference on behavioral interventions and educational reform.  It was pretty snazzy.  After the conference I met up with a few school psychs for some after conference drinks.  Around 6 it was time to head home so I could then attend a fundraiser put on by one of my teammates at City Golf in the Downtown Crossing area.  She had all her food and drinks donated.  We were also able to play virtual indoor golf at an indoor range.  Pretty snazzy ANNDD she raised $1800!!!  Olivia, Sara, Tal, and I then headed over to Battery Park and Bar to check out the location of my fundraiser on May 7th!  I can't wait!

Today, is saturday, and I woke up at 7 (after hitting a few snoozes) to run 14 miles with my team around the Charles River.  I felt really solid today and mostly ran with my teammate Stef.  It was a gorgeous day and I felt really strong throughout the run.  What was also awesome is that there were employees from Lululemon standing with signs, cheering runners in training on.  Lululemon has a lot of events for the Boston Marathon that are free including a yoga for runners clinic on either Friday April 15th, Saturday April 16th, or Sunday April 17th at 5 p.m. at the John Hancock Sports and Fitness Expo!!!  There is also going to be a free Pre-Marathon Run with 2, 4, or 6 miles with the Lululemon team either Satruday or Sunday at 8 a.m.  Lululemon then gave us free waterbottles! AHHH they were so awesome. They say "I <3 Running" Look!


Boston is such an amazing city because there were so many runners in training, cyclists, and walkers out.  I love being in such an active town.  Anyway, so my solid run left me a little tired, and slightly tight in my hamstrings, but I feel really confident about my time.  

We finished it after a few pitstops in 2 hours, 2 minutes, and 55 seconds.  I one time messed up the laps on my garmin because instead of hitting stop, I hit laps, so the splits might be off.  I also decided to run with my teammates in the beginning and the end of the run.  There was a 10k tempo run in the middle that I did with my coach, Becca.  Here is what my timing looked like, but I think it might be slightly off.  I also hope to increase my timing when running on my own, but its kind of hard to want to run 14 miles without a little teammate support.

Mile 1- 9:22                            Mile 8- 8:31 
Mile 2- 8:39                            Mile 9- 8:15
Mile 3- 8:52                            Mile 10- 8:19
Mile 4- 8:41                            Mile 11- 8:13
Mile 5- 10:10  (stopped)         Mile 12- 8:54
Mile 6- 8:40                            Mile 13- 9:07
Mile 7- 8:15                            Mile 14- 8:51

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...