Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I've had dreams of Boston all of my life.

The title of my post is from a little ditty entitled "Ladies of Cambridge" by Vampire Weekend. Just as an FYI. If there is one thing you will learn about me through this blog, is that I listen to music all of the time. I have a playlist running constantly in my brain. Also, another FYI is that Runners World sent me an email in the middle of the night last night, which woke me up, which was semi-disappointing because I have some other people I would rather hear from, which stated the following, "2011: The Year of You". Why thank you Runners World, because I feel the same way. Remember, I'm halfway through my Champagne Year!

I have several things to clue you in on today. First off, I had a really good day at work. I don't know why, but the kids were on fire and so was I. I was talking about the most random stuff to them, and although they laughed because I'm most likely irrelevant and "uncool" (yeah right. not even possible. Little do they know i've learned all the words to Nicki Minaj's verse in Monster by Kanye West. I spit some beats to Jessica, so I have a witness), I know whatever I said will stick with them. Bingo Bango. Secondly, things have calmed down immensely on the family front, so I didn't have that hanging over my head. And last, but not least.......

I BOUGHT THE GARMIN FORERUNNER 305!! It isn't as small or fancy or cool as the Forerunner 405, but it certainly was 200 dollars less. I got a snazzy little deal ala amazon.com, and $129.00 later, I am the proud parent of a GPS system that will change my life. Let me explain.

At the very least, it tells you your heart rate, which I don't really care about. But it also includes a space for calories burned, which I don't really care about. Most importantly, it tracks your mileage and your pace (how fast you run your mile), which I super de duper uperly care about! I can then download that information to my computer, see it all laid out in graph form, and use it to track my progress over time. With that information, I will be able to show you the graphs on this here blog. At the present moment, I'm averaging an 8:45 mile. I know I can get harder, better, faster, AND stronger. I undoubtedly will have my Garmin to thank.

Consider yourselves blessed. I'm blessed, this is awesome. I was debating on asking/getting this for a while, because it meant I had to commit to my cause (and you all know my issue with commitment, which...by the way...I am doing a really good job of working on). So here I am, happily about to embark on a fulfilling relationship with running and exercise. I can't wait, we might get married someday, buy a house, have some...woah. I was getting a little ahead of myself there.

Also, did you know that even getting just 10-15 minutes of running a day, can boost your mood and vitality? Here is a little article that gives you tips and offers a high five for living a healthy life. Read it. I'm currently taking a rest day to do laundry, so I can get back in the game tomorrow. Debating a run andddd time at The Ring. We'll see, lovers. Until later, or tomorrow, depending on my motivation. Miss you, love you, come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. i'm really excited about you, your blog and your garmin! Maybe you can even make a powerpoint out of your graphs. Keep up the good work laurengo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...