Saturday, February 12, 2011

Single and happy

I think if there was anything I was meant to do on this planet, it was to show all the women in my life that single can look and feel amazing.  Honestly, look at all that I've done on my own in the last 8 years.  I've begun and completed grad school, gotten a job, paid for my apartment and my bills, traveled across the country, am training for a marathon, and will be heading to italy in one week (bought and paid for)!  Most importantly, I've developed amazing relationships through work, school, sports, and just out having fun.   I'm scared to admit that many times when in a relationship, I question if it feels any better than being single.  The verdict so far? Not to my knowledge.

Galentine's day consists of gathering my favorite single ladies and celebrating ourselves.  There is a ton of food, wine, and heart cupcakes to be had!  Wow, I seriously love holidays and just because I'm single, doesn't mean I can't celebrate! Til then...

Oh wait... by the way, my coaches were super impressed with me today.  They were glad that I could keep pace with them, and I appeared to be ahead of the pack at least in terms of a 5k.  My garmin wouldn't locate a satellite before I had to set out on my run, so I don't have my pace time, but I completed 3.1 miles in 23:58:49, my fastest time to date! :D

1 comment:

  1. You are my beautiful girl, inside and out and I hope you and the GALS have a wonderful time tomorrow. I love that you celebrate Valentine's day because you have tons of love in your heart for your friends, for your family, and for life -You model "joie de vivre". When the time is right and the person is right and you are ready to move on to the next stage in your life it will come naturally and comfortably. Enjoy "Galentine's Day" tomorrow- make sure you post lots of pictures <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...